Shaping the future…..
co-operative housing in a new decade
17th & 18th April 2020
Mercure Haydock Hotel
Penny Lane, Haydock WA11 9GS
Download the flyer here.
In 2015, the United Nations developed a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. This Sustainable Development Goals, adopted by all United Nations member states, envisaged a global partnership, recognising that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals are an invitation to the co-operative housing sector to think about values, our responsibilities towards the environment, towards the most vulnerable, the planet and a fuller conception of human life.
So, as we move into a new decade, how does the co-operative housing sector adapt to these challenges and the growing opportunities for our sector?
Join us as we discuss:
- How do we translate the Sustainable Development Goals into meaningful activity in the co-operative housing sector?
- What does a housing co-op need to look like to meet the challenges in the new decade?
- How is community led housing development reshaping our sector?
The conference will include:
- a range of exciting speakers – including the Co-operative Housing International; Ecomotive; and an International speaker from Zurich – who will join with CCH Board members to develop the exciting themes of the conference
- practical workshops – from active membership; to co-ops updating policies; to gender diversity; to sustainable design technology and clean energy
- a sustainability roundtable seeking to embed sustainability in co-op practices over the next ten years
- bookable one to one advice sessions – with CCH experts
- the CCH awards 2020 ceremony and gala dinner
- the CCH Annual General Meeting
- the unmissable Blisstocracy quiz is back! (a little less like University Challenge though this year!)
- And of course – networking opportunities with many other tenants and members of housing co-ops – always the best part of CCH conferences.
The 26th Annual Conference is your conference – your opportunity to shape the future of the co-operative housing sector from 2020 to 2030.
The Conference this year is being held at the Mercure Hotel in Haydock, between Liverpool and Manchester. All the accommodation and conference rooms are within the same building.
The hotel is 4-star and is set in a traditional Georgian mansion-style building, built around a central courtyard and surrounded by its own beautifully landscaped grounds
It has easy access from junction 23 of the M6 and there is free parking onsite. For those travelling by train, we will run a free shuttle service from Warrington Bank Quays train station on the Friday night and Sunday morning.
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd April. We will require full conference fees to be paid prior to the conference. The fee includes two nights accommodation, attendance at all sessions, breakfast, lunch, evening meals, and entertainment!
We regret that bookings may only be cancelled prior to 19th March. Any cancellations after this date will be charged in full.