CCH 17th Annual Conference 2010
" The Good, The Bad And The Housing Co-op Sector! "
Friday 16 July - Sunday 18 July 2010
University of Birmingham
[04-08-2010] The CCH Annual Conference was a major milestone in the Greener Together project and was of great value to all those in the housing co-op movement with an interest in greener living. [Greener Together Conference Briefing]
(PDF document, 653 Kb)
There's a lot of things going on at the moment!
- there will be a new Government
- the Commission on Co-operative and Mutual Housing's "Bringing Democracy Home" report is sparking national interest in co-operative housing
- the Tenant Services Authority has produced new standards
- a National Tenant Voice has been established in Government to speak on behalf of tenants
- the CCH has designed a new accreditation system for housing co-ops and their service providers
- and the CCH, working with housing co-ops and others is pioneering environmental work through the "Greener Together" programme
You can't afford to miss this year's CCH conference - the foremost annual opportunity for networking in the co-operative housing sector - where all of the above and other issues will be discussed.
- Peter Marsh Chief Executive, the Tenant Services Authority
- Carole Donnelly, Board Member, National Tenant Voice
- Nic Bliss, CCH Chair
- David Rodgers President, International Co-operative Alliance Housing
- Colin Hann, Conservative Co-ops
- Michael Stephenson Chief Executive, The Co-operative Party
- Ed Mayo Chief Executive, Co-operatives UK
Key features of this conference
- a range of practical workshops aimed at helping co-ops become accredited and meet the TSA standards
- a strand of workshops focussing on green issues
- a study visit to the award winning Redditch Co-operative Homes
- the ever popular CCH Blisstocracy Quiz
- an outdoor barbeque (weather permitting)
- lots of opportunities to network and discuss housing co-ops, the election, the World Cup and anything else that takes your fancy!
New report on housing co-ops
Download the report from the Commission on Co-operative and Mutual Housing website.