CCH 15th Annual Conference 2008 - Voices
Friday 11th to Sunday 13th july 2008
at the National Communities Resource Centre, Trafford Hall, Chester
[PDF File, 3058 Kb]
Are you involved with or interested in tenant & community controlled housing? If so, then Friday 11th to Sunday 13th july 2008 is an important weekend for your diary.
- a beautiful rural retreat
- guest speakers & practical workshops
- CCH AGM
- all bedrooms ensuite
- crèche facilities
- opportunities for networking with other housing co-op members
This Confederation of Co-operative Housing Annual Conference is a key opportunity for housing co-op members, staff and supporters to come together to:
- learn from each other, get practical information to improve the way we work,
- strengthen our movement, network and support one another,
- discuss the forthcoming Mutual Housing Commission set up to research the housing co-op movement and consider how we should promote ourselves,
- find out how we are working to develop the National Tenant Voice, and how you can input into the process.
This is a conference run for and by tenants, and members of housing co-ops. Come along and be inspired!
- Dame Pauline Green - Chief Executive, Co-operatives UK
- Nick Gazzard - Executive Director, Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada
- Paula Farrow - Chair, Minster Housing Co-operative
- Nic Bliss - Chair, Confederation of Co-operative Housing
- Bob Wilson - Assistant Director, National Housing Federation
- a range of workshops on practical and policy issues relating to housing co-ops
- opportunities to network with other housing co-ops
The CCH conference is being held at Trafford Hall, less than 2 and half hours by train from London. This is a charming venue nestled in the Cheshire countryside that will afford a delightful and relaxing weekend.
If you are traveling by rail, you will need to aim for Chester Station. We are arranging for a shuttle service to and from the station. This shuttle service will run between 4pm and 7pm. We will also arrange transport back to the station after lunch on the Sunday at 2pm for those that let us know they want to use it.
For those traveling by car...
Map to Trafford Hall (Word document, 75 Kb)
Annual General Meeting
The CCH's Annual General Meeting will be held on the Sunday morning at 10.00am. Whilst all delegates will be welcome to attend the AGM, only representatives of CCH members will be entitled to vote at the AGM (voting cards will be issued to those entitled to vote). AGM calling notices have been sent to CCH members separately.