CCH Conference 2007 - 14th Annual Conference
8th - 10th of June 2007 in Blackpool
In Partnership with the National Federation of Tenant Management Organisation (NFTMO)
Are you involved with or interested in tenant & community controlled housing? If so, then Friday 8th to Sunday 10th June 2007 is an important weekend for your diary.
The CCH and the NFTMOs are teaming up once again to bring you an exciting and stimulating national conference to discuss tenant controlled housing, and to educate and inspire!
Download Conference flyer, programme and booking form
[PDF File, 371 Kb]
Introduction: Tenant Control - Community Democracy
- Community - people coming together with shared interests
- Community Equality - making sure we encourage everyone to get involved
- Community Control - tenants and communities shaping their own futures
- Community Governance - good common sense decisionmaking by communities
- Community Culture - changing cultures to build communities
- Community Assets - using housing assets to transform communities
- Community Democracy - the will of the people
It's a strong recipe that's been building for many years - through housing co-operatives, tenant management organisations and more recently through Community Gateway Associations and other community owned housing organisations.
Most of the time it works and works well - and we've shown this time and time again. It's getting stronger. It's an unstoppable tenant and community movement, and now Government and more and more people are recognising that tenant control and democracy is the way to make our communities and neighbourhoods work.
We've won the arguments that tenants and communities should be at the heart of decision-making. Now the challenge is how to do it and how to make sure that our community businesses are as effective as they can be in meeting the needs and aspirations of our communities.
This joint Confederation of Co-operative Housing / National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations Annual Conference is a key opportunity for members, staff and supporters of:
- tenant management organisations
- housing co-operatives
- Community Gateway Associations
- other tenant led housing organisations
...and other tenants keen to get involved in decisionmaking to come together to:
- learn from others and improve the way we work
- get inspiration from our achievements and success stories
- strengthen our movement and network and support one another
- promote community controlled housing
The conference will offer a great range of workshops, plenaries and inspirational stories on both practical and policy issues. This is a conference run for and by tenants, and members of tenant management organisations and housing co-ops. It's an opportunity for all tenants who believe that tenants should be at the heart of decision-making to shape the future. Come along and be inspired!
The NFTMOs/CCH conference is being held at Norbreck Castle Hotel, perched on the seaside and just up the road from the delights of Blackpool's Golden Mile. This is an exciting venue with a wide range of recreational facilities available, including a swimming pool, a gym, several bars and restaurants, and various entertainments.
- Jon Rouse - Chief Executive, The Housing Corporation
- Lea Mutsearts - Platform Antwerpse Sociale Huurders
- Terry Edis - Chair, National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations
- Nic Bliss - Chair, Confederation of Co-operative Housing
- Tyrone O Sullivan - Tower Colliery
- showcase of community controlled projects;
- a range of workshops on practical and policy issues relating to tenant management organisations, housing co-ops and general tenant interest;
- opportunities to network with other groups and tenants involved in decision-making.
- gala dinner and entertainment
General Tenant Interest
- Community Control: what's it all about?
- Improving governance for an effective democratic organisation
- Encouraging Diversity
- Community organisations tackling Anti-Behaviour
- Involving young people
- Community empowerment strategies housing associations
- Tenant involvement in improvement programmes
- Keeping in touch with our tenants
- Parish Councils - new opportunities communities to take the lead?
- Banking services - TMOs, Co-ops and their tenants
- Resident-led housing - a European Tour
- Changing the us and them culture in housing associations
- An introduction to business planning
- Don't stop learning - creating a learning culture in our organisations
Tenant Management Organisation
- Business planning for TMOs - use your achieve your aims
- TMOs and leasehold management
- Management & Maintenance Allowances we getting our fair share?
- TMOs and Neighbourhood Management
- From tenant management to community ownership
- Resolving disputes between TMOs and Landlord through mediation
- TMOs & ALMOs - the new NFTMO & NFA good practice guidelines
- Getting the TMO Good Governance Kite Mark
- What do you do if it all goes wrong?
- Allocations & choice based lettings
- Business planning for housing co-ops
- A standard housing co-op tenancy agreement
- The new rent arrears protocol
Download Conference flyer with detailed programme and booking form
[PDF File, 371 Kb]